TO GET YOUR MAPS UPDATED IN CAR NAVIGATION SYSTEMS, YOU WILL NEED:
- A USB drive, 8GB or bigger
- A computer with the internet the internet
- Continuous power to your car’s navigation system.
The engine must be started and running and the vehicle should be parked outside or in a nicely-ventilated area. Any power blockage will corrupt the gps map information and force you to start the process all over again.
- On your vehicle’s Uconnect screen,
- Click Navigation>Settings>System>About
- Write down the 10-digit Unit ID number
- Visit your manufacturer website /auto-update and click Firmware
- You have to enter your car’s 10-digit Unit ID number, then
- Click Submit. When you enter the Unit ID, it will confirm which
- Model year function is installed in your car
- On your car’s Uconnect screen, open
- Navigation>Settings>Map>Menu Bars
- Choose Map update
- Insert the USB drive into the car USB port
- When prompted, take out USB drive from the vehicle
- Put USB into your computer and select Read Media
- If your Uconnect System needs an update, click Download
- To load the updated Firmware to your USB drive. You will be
- Instructed to install a Communicator Plug-in if needed.
- If your Firmware is up to date, go to “Order Map Update.”
- Remove the USB drive from your computer
- Insert the USB drive into the car USB port.
- The firmware update will begin automatically
- Follow the instructions to complete the firmware update
- Download Map
Load new maps to your Uconnect
- Supplement USB drive into the car USB port
- Follow prompts to move the map information to your car
- The map update is finished when you see Where To/View Map screen
Related Topic: 10 best gps car navigation systems